PPP forgiveness deep dive and preparing for what’s next
The CARES Act and relief programs like the PPP (Payroll Protection Program) have provided a lifeline to help U.S. businesses manage through the disruption of COVID-19. For many CEOs and business owners, understanding PPP forgiveness will be important. But there are several more critical factors they need to consider in the next few weeks to preserve their businesses, employees and communities and prosper in the long term.
In this webinar, a panel of senior UBS leaders provide critical insight.
James Jack, Head of the Business Owner Segment for UBS Wealth Management Americas, does a deep dive in PPP forgiveness to help provide clarity into:
- Time period flexibility for payroll, with illustrative examples on how forgiveness can be calculated
- Clarity on taking a loan in “good faith”
- Exceptions for FTE reductions and potential exceptions for specific situations
- Expanding the definition of rent and prepayments
- Suggested practices that CEOs and owners can implement to maximize forgiveness based on SBA Guidelines.
Brad Dillon, UBS Executive Director and Senior Wealth Strategist gives a detailed overview of alternate opportunities to access liquidity via the Cares Act including:
- Company tax benefits, credits and deferrals
- Changes to net operating loss rules and increases to the amount of interest expense deductions
- Estate planning
Brian Rose, Sr. Economist, discusses what comes next, specifically addressing:
- The broader U.S. economic outlook and how the Federal Reserve is looking at the coming months.
UBS Business Owners Client Segment originated with the mandate of providing the necessary resources and intellectual capital to Business Owners and the Financial Advisors who serve them. UBS focuses on enhancing and expanding the solution set for this client segment in order to build deeper and fruitful relationships. UBS provides valuable resources and expertise that can be leveraged during all stages of the business owner lifecycle (i.e., startup, growth and maturity). Some examples include a global family office, a network of boutique investment banks, business lending and insurance solutions, Planning, philanthropic, ESOP, family governance and retirement plan services. Not only is UBS helping businesses achieve a maximum valuation, the firm is also helping business owners understand the emotional, financial, and business components during a business transition.