[Podcast] Daniel Pink on Motivation: How to Inspire Employees to Perform
Daniel is a New York Times best-selling author, a former White House speechwriter and a featured keynote speaker in the upcoming ThinkBIG:Vistage 2013 International Member and Chair Conference.
When doing more complicated, conceptual, creative work, the three pillars of motivation are:
- Autonomy: sovereignty over how and when we work
- Mastery: making progress toward mastery and continued learning
- Purpose: existence of a larger purpose,
Daniel also discusses and provides answers to the following questions:
– How can one make motivation as an ongoing part of company culture?
– What is the role of the leader or manager in employee motivation?
– How can a leader address motivation for long-term employees and prevent the conversation from getting stale?
– How can managers improve the effectiveness of performance reviews?
– How are generational differences in the work place affectingmotivation and performance?
– Do these theories apply to “blue collar” work?
– Are there best practices for structuring financial compensationto enhance motivation?