The CEO Pulse: Inflation Resource Center
What’s top of mind for CEOs? Inflation
Introducing The CEO Pulse, a new initiative from the Vistage Research team that brings together expert insights and peer perspectives to help you navigate decisions around some of the most pressing, complex issues facing small and midsize businesses right now. Our first focus: inflation.
Inflation has surged as an unanticipated consequence of the economic shut down during the pandemic with no predictable end in sight. Pent-up consumer demand, fueled by the government’s infusion of $4+ trillion in economic support has unleashed a wave of inflation that is challenging for CEOs to plan for and understand. Supply chain challenges, increased wages to compete for talent, and price increases from suppliers all contribute to the rising cost of everything. Here’s the latest from Vistage Research on the big picture of inflation’s implications.
To help with decision-making, we have curated:
- Insights on inflation from trusted experts
- Real-life approaches to inflation from CEO peers
- Join discussions about inflation in Vistage networks
- Third-party resources on inflation
Insights on inflation from trusted experts
ITR Economics on CEO response to inflation [Requires My Vistage password]
Alan Beaulieu, President of ITR Economics, shares his thoughts on rising costs, what that means for small and midsize businesses, and how CEOs should respond. He addresses misconceptions, panic buying and his prediction for 2026.
The inflation equation: What it means for CEOs
UBS’s Chief Investment Officer Jason Draho addresses key questions regarding the inflation equation in this on-demand webinar and provides guidance and advice on strategies owners may consider using to mitigate the effects of inflation and explore ways that can help owners see potential opportunities.
Economist Martin-Fagg on inflation from a global perspective
UK behavioral economist Roger Martin-Fagg discusses the larger, more lengthy impact of inflation on the economy globally and why he distrusts reports that inflation and the supply chain issues will be just an 18-month ordeal.
How to manage rising costs through strategic pricing
To help members execute price increases successfully, we asked Vistage Speaker and President of Boost Profits Casey Brown to share her unique perspective, which includes an effective, including segmented pricing strategy and equipping salespeople to convey and defend higher pricing, an often-overlooked component.
3 key themes that will drive your business
Balentine CEO Adrian Cronje explores how inflation, productivity growth from tech acceleration and COVID will drive your decision-making. [Dec. 16, 2021]
Compensation consultant Somersan on wage compensation in the face of inflation
Vistage speaker and Compensation Consulting Services Managing Partner Rena Somersan examines why CEOs are raising wages and offering higher signing bonuses to stay competitive. [Dec. 22, 2021]
Real-life approaches to inflation from CEO peers
To cope with surging prices, wage increases, supply chain bottlenecks and other inflation-related challenges, many CEOs are rethinking how they compensate their employees, structure their investments and deal with unexpected costs. We spoke with four Vistage CEO members from construction and manufacturing — industries particularly hard-hit by inflation — to understand how they’re addressing these challenges. Read their points of view
Join discussions about inflation in My Vistage Networks
Have a question? Need a recommendation? Want a referral? Ask your peers in My Vistage Networks or join an existing discussion. [MyVistage password required]
Ask a question
Or join a discussion:
- Merit increases, COLA adjustment for higher inflation [Talent Strategies Network]
- Inflation concerns and how to prepare? [Wholesale and Retail Network]
- Inflation and your investments: What you need to know [Financial Services Network]
- What do all of you feel about inflation being up 100% from a year ago? [Financial Services Network]
- Salary trends – last year to this year [Nonprofit Network]
- Wage inflation [Midwest Network]
- Salary increases for 2022 [West Network]
- Annual rate increase [Professional Services Network]
**You must be a Vistage member in the Network to view the discussion. It takes less than a minute to join.**
Third-party resources on inflation
- Inflation, Interest Rates, and Secular Cycles [Balentine — Jan. 12, 2022]
- Three concerns for 2022 [ITR Economics — Jan. 10, 2022]
- 6 strategies to help your company weather inflation [HBR]
- Top 5 Small Business Inflation Strategies [CFOshare]
- Supply chain issues and what to do [ITR Economics]
- Choosing an inflation benchmark [ITR Economics]
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – Supply Chain
- Center for Inflation Research [Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland]
- Hiring and Benefits Costs Hit 16-Year Highs [SHRM]
- 2022 Salary Increases Look to Trail Inflation [SHRM]
- Pay compression: What it is and how to fight it [Insperity]