Economist Beaulieu on Volatile Markets: “Opportunity and Optimism”
Recent market volatility
• The political environment is creating fear and “noise” that is influencing the short-term direction of the markets.
• However, the majority of leading indicators for 2012 and into 2013 are trending upwards, indicating a reason for optimism going forward.
International business trends
• The “hotspots” for investment – Brazil, India, Australia, and Canada – afford investment opportunities (and potential pitfalls) to watch closely.
• Despite public perception, China’s growing inflation and social unrest will likely lead to China becoming more nationalistic as opposed to a global economic superpower.
Actions executives can take today
• Watch for employee burnout and incentivize employees;
• Invest now for the long term – borrow as much as you can to have cash on hand before inflationary pressure causes barriers; and
• Invest in growing and marketing your business, including improving customer service, to create your competitive advantage.
To View the Transcript: https://blog.vistage.com/economy/interview-with-alan-beaulieu-vistage-podcast-series/