Vistage speaker and noted economist Brian Beaulieu of the Institute for Trend Research in Concord, NH, believes CEOs who can manage cash flow and make tough decisions in this economy will come out on top when the economy turns around.
Beaulieu addressed more than 1,000 CEOs of Main Street businesses during a recent economic forecast webinar sponsored by executive performance organization Vistage International.
Businesses that prepare for this downturn will be able to make money in it, said Beaulieu.
Beaulieu outlined actionable items for CEOs:
- Draw down your credit lines and hold the cash in FDIC-insured accounts.
- Maintain a positive cash flow.
- Position your business for the next ascent. The business cycle has a rise on the other side of the recession.
- Find clients in resilient sectors: healthcare, food distribution, water purification/distribution, electricity, natural gas distribution, consumer non-durables, and community colleges.
- Expand internationally. Dont overlook growing markets in Brazil and Chile.
- Always give your clients a compelling reason to buy from you.
Actionable Market Advice
- For those with mutual funds/portfolios: Dont panic, but do work your way into a new strategy.
- Don’t own broad-based mutual and index funds, focus on specific stocks in resilient sectors.
Contact Lois Arbogast: firstname.lastname@example.org, Vistage International 858.509.5861