This position is responsible for coordinating and supporting national and regional events for member retention, member acquisition, networking, and special projects.
Independent thinker, good decision maker, creative, highly organized and detail oriented. Can-do attitude, service focused, professional, mature, polished and comfortable interacting with C-level executives.
- Responsible for all planning logistics and implementing all aspects of assigned Events.
- Manage own work flow, deadlines and make decisions necessary to ensure event success.
- Works with venues to check availability and reserve space. Request menus, diagrams and hotel/venue information.
- Coordinate the direct mail pieces, email communications, invitations, collateral, event agendas, post event surveys and timelines.
- Research and coordinate various event vendors such as audio visual, photographers and entertainment, etc.
- Provide research when needed to explore event related options such as give-away items, cost comparisons, vendor alternatives and provide cost-saving ideas.
- Daily use of event software to build registration websites, upload names, update information, online registration, RSVP management and generate reports.
- Coordinate the shipping and receiving of event and/or marketing related materials.
- Build and distribute post event surveys and be able to use results to improve future events.
- Responsible for processing event invoices, track related expenses and provide a final event budget summary.
- Maintain planning documents, tracking and reporting tools for program evaluations and measurement.
- Assist in the management of sponsors/exhibitors on-site at events, where appropriate.
- Direct interaction with members, Chairs, executive team and speakers relating to events. Provide excellent, professional service to everyone who interacts with the Events department.
- Work cross functionally with other departments on event related projects.
- Project manages assignments from start to completion and be flexible when direction needs to shift.
- Strategically think through projects and not just execute on them.
- Other event planning/project management duties as assigned.
- Available to work on-site at events as needed. Nights, weekends and travel required.
- Degree in Hospitality, Event Management, Comm., Marketing or related field from an accredited, 4-year university.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a corporate events professional (at least 2-3 in event planning position).
- Experience working with high level clientele and executives.
- Exceptional organizational, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Intermediate experience in marketing, project and program management.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Skills.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
WORKING HOURS, TRAVEL AND TRANSPORTATION EXPECTATIONS
- Early mornings, evenings, nights and weekends as needed for job (long hours, often standing for many hours).
- Travel by plane, train, cab, personal vehicle or rental car (travel = 40% of time).
- Stay overnight and work at events either locally or nationally (up to 5 consecutive days).
- Exercises self-initiative to assist the event department and fellow co-workers.
- Must be able to respond to unanticipated situations and shift priorities at a moment’s notice in a fast pace office environment remaining calm in challenging situations.
- Must have the ability to deal with confrontational situations in a calming manner. Must conduct and respond to any feedback or problems in a manner that is consistent with the values and mission of Vistage.
- This job requires a high degree of organization and accuracy with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Set up and breakdown event displays, banners and exhibits.
Physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift, move and carry boxes, displays or other items up to 50 pounds.
- Unpack, assemble and breakdown displays, climb ladders and stairs, bend and stretch.
- Work in environments with dim to dark lighting and moderate to loud music.