Women Out Front: The Power of Persuasion
Hosted by the Women in Leadership Network
It’s time for women to create our own destinies. Better communication and public speaking gives us the ability to seize every opportunity and aspire to new heights. Whether pitching for new business, delivering a talk at a conference, raising money for our favorite non-profit, or communicating one-on-one, we can become a powerful force when we learn to speak with authenticity and confidence.
Join us for a hosted lunch and the opportunity to uncover The Power of Persuasion with speaker Deborah Shames.
Deborah will focus on how to become best-in-class through the telling of compelling stories, exhibiting command presence, and the use of intention. She will also address what holds women back, and how to be seen as a leader. Take advantage of the opportunity to connect with other Vistage members and Chairs from the region to address:
• The value of identifying an Intention and choosing the right role
• Debunking the myth that if you’re not an expert, you don’t deserve to speak on a topic
• How to turn off the critical voices in our heads that say we’re not good enough
• Techniques for coming from behind and being out front
• Why being polished and perfect can hurt us
• The impression women deliver with up-talk, discourse particles, and long, run on sentences
• The damaging effects of self-critical judgment
• Practical tools to shorten your prep time and become a person of influence
• Leveraging your emotional intelligence
Space is limited – register early to secure your spot. Open to Vistage members, Chairs and qualified guests.
For details or questions about the event, contact Regional Consultant Lauren Foster.