Vistage CEO Climb | Piercing Communication: How CEOs Can Lead Effective Conversations
Friday, April 22, 2022 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. PDT
Piercing Communication: How CEOs Can Lead Effective Conversations
Management enemy number 1 is misinformation. This is especially true for CEOs.
A CEO’s effectiveness is contingent on the quality of the information used to solve problems and make decisions, and CEOs are largely dependent on their subordinates for the accuracy and timeliness of this information.
Yet because the CEO is the pinnacle of authority in an organization, people are often reticent to speak candidly and directly about tough issues affecting the business. As a result, CEOs are often subject to high levels of information cover-up, distortion and misinformation. This problem tends to increase precisely when it is most problematic: when a pressing organizational issue demands timely, accurate, clear information.
In this highly interactive event, Craig Weber will provide a rigorous, highly useable method for crafting conversations that answer this critical question: “How can I be honest, direct and authentic in confronting tough issues in a way that actually educates and encourages others to do the same?”
In this event leaders will learn to:
- Promote rigorous conversations about tough business issues that generate openness and trust.
- Work more effectively with difficult people.
- Increase the quality of collaborative problem solving and decision-making.
- Create conditions that enable the people around them to act with higher levels of candor, respect and responsibility.
- Moderate crippling psychological binds that hamper executive effectiveness.
- Work with an extraordinary “presence of mind” when facing stiff challenges.
- Help your team more effectively navigate non-routine problems and complex issues.
- Decrease the counter-productive politics, game-playing and one-up-manship that hampers personal and organizational performance.
This CEO Climb Event is valuable for anyone interested in taking personal responsibility for creating more robust and highly effective patterns of communication in the business.
A strong emphasis is placed on using these skills during the event so that you walk out with a strong conceptual framework and tangible new skills.
About Vistage CEO Climb Events
Peak performers climb higher when they surround themselves with peers who’ve got their back.
Our CEO climb event is an exclusive monthly event for business leaders to take their companies — and their teams — to a whole new level of success. There is no charge or obligation — just a great opportunity to:
- Join other business leaders around the country who are dedicated to elevating their company and leadership.
- Participate in an engaging Q&A session.
- Gain insight into what gives some of the world’s top-performing CEOs a tremendous competitive advantage.