Daniel Pink on Beyond Resilience: A New Path to a Strong Culture
Friday, March 3, 2023 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. PST
In this provocative and exclusive discussion with Vistage VP of Research Anne Petrik, No. 1 New York Times best-selling author Daniel Pink offers a fresh set of strategies. Pink will draw on an unprecedented two-year study of our most misunderstood emotion: regret.
As the world emerges from the pandemic, organizations everywhere are reexamining their operations and rethinking their priorities.
What do they stand for? How should they navigate what comes next? And how might they build cultures where people can do their best work and be their best selves?
He will show that ignoring or rejecting regrets is a colossal mistake. Instead, confronting regrets systematically can deliver an array of organizational benefits. It can sharpen leaders’ decisions, speed learning and development, and boost individual and team performance.
Building off this most recent work, he’ll also weave in practices and techniques based on science of motivation, timing, influence and persuasion, drawing key insights that span his complete body of work.
With Pink’s trademark blend of big ideas and smart takeaways, compelling stories and sharp humor, this presentation provides an urgent and inspiring map for flourishing in unpredictable times.
His perspectives are designed to address leaders’ top challenges and sharpen decision-making, boost performance, and strengthen the sense of meaning and connectedness of their team.
You will learn:
- How to transform regrets into a positive force and a coherent culture
- Why regrets of inaction outnumber regrets of action – and how to enlist that insight to spark innovation
- How to look at problem-solving differently
- Key principles of motivation and feasible techniques to help with morale and burnout
- Evidence-based insights on the art of persuasion that can be applied to engaging with customers