Better Leadership, Conversations & Results for CEOs
Friday, October 21, 2022 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. PDT
Better Leadership, Conversations and Results for CEOs
This interactive CEO Climb Event by Chalmers Brothers offers a powerful and innovative way of understanding the actual actions required for effective leadership, management and relationship-building – especially in times of seemingly constant change.
Clearly, what constitutes effective leadership and management today is not the same as it was 20 or even 10 years ago. Many aspects of our overall business environment and individual workplace environments have certainly changed. With these adjustments come changes in the skills, tools and competencies required for successful leadership.
Maybe we’ve made things too complicated in how we approach leadership, management and the creation of organizational results. Maybe we can go a level deeper than all the models, techniques and fads of the month, and discover a new source of clarity and power.
This CEO Climb Event begins by offering a new framework for understanding leadership and relationship effectiveness that is so close, we often miss it.
Chalmers offers that leadership and management are primarily “conversational competencies” – that is, the actions taken by leaders and managers are actions taken in language. Effectiveness requires competency in certain conversations, in designing and convening conversations that matter. While this may at first seem obvious, Chalmers explores in a new direction, opening up a new way of understanding the entire domain of language itself.
What will you learn from this CEO Climb Event on leadership communication and alignment?
- Effective leadership and the creation of context
- A new understanding of language and its connection to leadership and management
- The difference between listening and hearing – and why it matters
- The power connected to different ways of observing
- Specific language actions and relevance for leaders
- Fundamental leadership conversations connected with context, corporate culture and “the essence of execution”
- The impact of moods, emotions and workplace culture on organizational results – and how to intervene in these areas effectively
Value to CEOs and Leaders:
Attendees will learn how to literally see themselves and their actions in leading and managing in a new and powerful way. This new perspective is the basis for leaders leaving the session with the ability to much more clearly understand and identify the sources of both poor performance and improved effectiveness.
They will be able to immediately begin using new tools provided in the session to improve workplace communication, coordination (execution), culture and commitment to shared goals – within virtually every aspect of their organization.
They will also be able to immediately apply this shift in understanding and new tools in order to improve their own emotional and physical well-being, their personal relationships and their individual productivity.
About Vistage CEO Climb Events
Peak performers climb higher when they surround themselves with peers who’ve got their back.
Our CEO climb event is an exclusive monthly event for business leaders to take their companies — and their teams — to a whole new level of success. There is no charge or obligation — just a great opportunity to:
- Join other business leaders around the country who are dedicated to elevating their company and leadership.
- Participate in an engaging Q&A session.
- Gain insight into what gives some of the world’s top-performing CEOs a tremendous competitive advantage.