Adam Grant on the Power of ‘Knowing What You Don’t Know’
Wednesday, August 30, 2023 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. PST
In this provocative and exclusive discussion with Vistage VP of Research Anne Petrik, No. 1 New York Times best-selling author and top-rated professor Adam Grant provides leaders a fresh set of strategies to identify and harness the power of “knowing what you don’t know.”
Grant has been the top-rated professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania for seven straight years. As an organizational psychologist, he is a leading expert on how we can find motivation and meaning, rethink assumptions, and live more generous and creative lives.
Grant believes that keeping an open mind is a teachable skill — and in this discussion he will weave together research and storytelling to unite intellect and emotion. Through this approach, leaders will be able to rethink their opinions and most important decisions.
His perspectives are designed to address leaders’ top challenges and sharpen their decision-making skills. This presentation will help leaders rethink what they already know in the spirit of committing themselves to being perpetual students.
You will learn:
- How to overcome unjustified overconfidence by challenging your beliefs
- Why great thinkers and achievers don’t let expertise or experience stand in the way of being perpetual students
- The ability to rethink and unlearn
- To prioritize mental flexibility, humility, and curiosity over consistency
- Evidence-based insights on the power of seeking critical feedback to lead a more productive and innovative team