San Antonio 2023
Tuesday, April 4, 2023 7:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. CDT
Experience the entrepreneurial energy of thought leaders all in one room.
The Vistage Executive Summit has been crafted to inspire your leadership, equip you with latest findings in research, future-proof your business with economic insights, and most importantly, build connection with the powerful leaders in your community.
- ITR Economics brings the economic landscape into view and helps leaders navigate the uncertainties ahead.
- Anne Petrik shares findings from the CEO Confidence Index to help leaders make better decisions quicker.
- Sandy Gennaro on how B.E.A.T.S. (Belief, Enthusiasm, Attitude, Tenacity, and Service) drum up the ideal leadership balance.
- Thought leaders present breakout sessions on top-of-mind topics with fresh perspectives.
As a Vistage member, enjoy world-class leadership content and the opportunity to meet new faces in your community. Your insight and impact will make the day even more valuable!
The Member Excellence Awards program will celebrate incredible member stories in your community. Winners and finalists will be showcased at the Executive Summit. Learn more and nominate a member today!
Available for Vistage members only.
Connor LokarSpeaker and Senior Forecaster, ITR Economics
A Changing Landscape
The economic landscape will be changing in 2023, especially later in the year. Aggressive action by the Federal Reserve Board has also changed our outlook for 2024. We will discuss which segments will be impacted and others that will be more immune to interest rate and other pressures. We will also discuss how attendees can best prepare for the challenges and ongoing uncertainties, and we will offer business strategies and tactics that will allow for maximum profit potential given the economic landscape. We will also:
- Analyze the Federal Reserve Board’s actions and impact on the economy.
- Talk through key areas of disinflation and deflation.
- Discuss varying opportunities in key markets.
- Cover global trends and their impact on member businesses and on the US economy.
- Analyze labor market conditions over the next several years.
- Present an overview of the economic landscape through the rest of the decade.
- And more!
Anne PetrikVice President of Research, Vistage Worldwide, Inc.
Decision Factors 2023: Unleashing Workforce Productivity
CEOs are facing a dynamic set of rapidly evolving factors that will influence their decisions as the post pandemic reality comes into focus. Once an emerging trend, remote work and the demands of an empowered workforce are challenging CEOs to attract and retain high performers. Throughout the day, as emcee, Anne will weave perspectives on how to adapt the workplace to unleash workforce productivity with the latest data and insights from Vistage Research.
Sandy GennaroThe Rock n’ Roll Thought Leader, Beat The Odds Productions
Beat the Odds in Business and Life
My ½ century of navigating the murky, shark-infested waters of the music business has cultivated in me a keen sense of business AND people management, the highlights of which are divulged during my presentation intertwined with video and live drumming. I illustrate how corporate leadership correlates with being a drummer in a band. My audience is involved and participates in my presentation, much like a workforce should be with their leadership/organization. At the core of the principles represented by the acronym B.E.A.T.S.
- Ignite Culture ~ The Antidote to Strategic Gridlock
- Turn on the Financial Headlights: Maximize Your Profitability & Success
- Sale or No Sale: Planning & Protecting You & Your Business—in Several Key Ways
- Six Keys to Getting What You Want from Your Entrepreneurial Company
- CEO's Candid Guide to Right People, Right Job, Right Fit To Scale the Business
- Your Results-Guaranteed B2B Marketing Plan
- A Framework for Monetizing Your Business and Delivering Generational Success
Celebrate your community and connect with fellow peers.
*agenda subject to change
7:45 - 8:45 am
Breakfast Session | Ignite Culture ~ The Antidote to Strategic Gridlock
Presenter: Margaret Graziano, CEO/Founder, KeenAlignmentYou may have heard management guru Peter Drucker say, “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” Here’s what he didn’t say, but that you probably know from experience... “An entangled culture eats your leadership team for lunch and your CEO for dinner.” The harder an organization pushes strategies on an entangled culture, the more it rebels and the more entangled it becomes.
Learn these culture-building skills:
- Clarity on the 4 core needs of an Emergent Culture
- Spotting 3 biggest “cultural torpedoes”
- Fostering a peak performing culture that breeds trust, alignment, and accountability... without being too rigid or too flexible
Topic: Leadership: Organizational Values & Culture
7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
Breakfast Session | Turn on the Financial Headlights: Maximize Your Profitability & Success
Presenter: Scott Crawford, Partner, Preferred CFOThe future can't be predicted, but with proper tools and strategies, businesses can “Turn on the Headlights,” increasing their opportunity for prosperity while reducing risk of failure. In this session, Scott Crawford of Preferred CFO presents tools and strategies that help stakeholders elevate their company's fiscal health, confidence, and strategy by:
- Understanding the importance and intricacies of a forward-facing financial strategy—and how to execute it
- Evaluating a financial teams' capabilities and ability to provide actionable information
- Tracking the right metrics to better inform the future
- Harnessing the power of forecasting to more confidently achieve goals through data-backed decision making
Topic: Financials: Financial Management
7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
Breakout Session | Sale or No Sale: Planning & Protecting You & Your Business—in Several Key Ways
Presenter: Steven Taber, Accredited Estate Planner, Navon Wealth AdvisorsWhile your focus is primarily on planning for your business & its growth, too often planning to protect you & your business might get ignored. Learn the key things the experts recommend that you need to do to protect yourself, your business & your other assets. Whether you plan to sell your business or not, personal estate planning must still be implemented to protect you, your family & your business. Most owners don’t even know that their assets are exposed. Join this session to learn:
- Best practices to protect what is most important to you
- Plans to retain & reward your best people
- Best Practices to Protect your Business and You
Topic: Personal Development: Asset & Estate Planning
7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
Breakout Session | Six Keys to Getting What You Want from Your Entrepreneurial Company
Presenter: Mary Reilly-Magee, Certified EOS Implementer, EOS Worldwide/See What Love Can Do, Inc.Many of the most successful entrepreneurs and business leaders work longer hours and get less return on their investments of time and money.
Don’t let your business run you. Get a grip on your business.
Mary will introduce you to the Six Key Components of a successful business. Get ready to walk away with a set of simple, practical tools that you and your leadership team can use immediately to focus on priorities, get clear on issues, and gain traction together, as a healthier leadership team.
Topics: Leadership: Mission, Vision, Purpose
12:40 -1:40 p.m.
Lunch Session | Your Results-Guaranteed B2B Marketing Plan
Presenter: Jee Vahn Knight, Vice President of Growth, RedRover Sales and Marketing StrategyIn this workshop, learn the proven process for developing a measurable B2B marketing plan with predictable returns, driving sustainable growth for your business.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Discuss the six building blocks of a results-guaranteed marketing plan
- Identify the existing gaps in your current strategy development process, and
- Use the GO RISE framework to vet your own plans
Topic: Customer Engagement: Sales & Marketing
12:40 - 1:40 p.m.
Lunch Session | A Framework for Monetizing Your Business and Delivering Generational Success
Presenter: Jennifer Wnuk, CFP®/ Senior Vice President- Wealth Management, UBSAs a business owner, you are hyper-focused on the day-to-day responsibilities of running your business, but often times, never take the opportunity to take a step back and ask: What’s Next? We’ll bring expert insights on: Personal Planning, Business Planning, and Life Planning before the sale of your business.
Topic: Personal Development: Exit & Succession Planning
12:40 - 1:40 p.m.
Lunch Session | CEO's Candid Guide to Right People, Right Job, Right Fit To Scale the Business
Presenter: Advisors from Culture IndexJoin the Culture Index team to reveal the true fit of your executive team and leaders- who is in the right seat and who is not? Do you have the right team in place to scale your business? Not getting the top and bottom line growth by not hiring and obtaining the right team? In this session, you will be prepped to utilize data to make more objective human decisions in securing the right talent in order to drive sustainable growth. Walk away with new insights, tips, and practices to implement into your business and better align your people.
Topic:Leadership: Communication & Alignment
37 NE Loop 410 At
San Antonio, TX