Women in Leadership 2022
Friday, June 24, 2022 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. PDT
Inspired by featured keynote Kat Cole, and exemplified by female Vistage members — these qualities are the driving force of the Women in Leadership 2022 National CEO Conference.[su_spacer]
Candid conversations, actionable insights, renewed resolve.
Only you truly know what it took to reach the C-level. This conference honors your journey and provides tools to keep climbing — as you light the way for the next generation.
An event like none other, in members’ own words:
A Conference for women, by women
Feel the power of the Vistage community on this day of learning, celebration and camaraderie. Experience firsthand why Vistage members call Women in Leadership one the best conferences they’ve ever attended.
[su_image_carousel source="media: 115996,115995,115994,115993,115991,115990,115989,115988,115987,115986,115984,115983,115982,115981,115980,115979,115978,115977,115976,115975,115974,115973,115972,115971,115970,115969,115968,115967,115966,115965,115964,115963,115962,115961,115960,115959,115958,115957,115956,115955,115954,115953,115952,115949,115948,115947,115946,115945,115944,115943,115942,115941,115940,115939,115938,115936,115935,115934,115933,115932,115931,115929,115928,115926,115925,115924,115923,115922,115921,115920,115919,115917,115916,115915,115914,115913,115912,115910,115909,115908,115907,115906,115905,115904,115903,115901,115900,115899,115898,115897,115896,115895,115894,115892,115891,115890,115889,115888,115886,115885,115884,115883,115856,115855,115854,115853,115851" slides_style="minimal" controls_style="light" crop="1:1" columns="4" align="center" dots="no"]
Kat ColeAdvisor, Investor, COO & President, Athletic Greens
Be a Leader of Innovation and Progress
"How can you iterate, adapt and succeed faster?
In this presentation, Kat will share how to find the hustle, heart, grit, and resilience to lead boldly in modern markets and companies. From her well-known “hotshot rule” to her lessons in “staying close to the action,” she’ll explore firsthand lessons on leadership and innovation garnered throughout her career.
- FOR RIGHT NOW: You innovate and succeed faster when you are more observant and immersed in the action. Learn which qualities help you gain actionable insights to iterate and adapt more quickly, even in traditionally slow or mature industries and organizations.
- FOR THE FUTURE: It’s crucial to discern meaningful patterns through the right questions, disrupt yourself, build modern teams, and manage tough decisions that may have short-term trade-offs."
Joanna BarshDirector Emerita, McKinsey & Company; Founder, Centered Leadership
Centered Leadership: Leading with Purpose, Clarity and Impact
What distinguishes successful leaders from those who achieve true greatness?
The answer is found in an approach Joanna Barsh calls, Centered Leadership. Over years of research, Joanna has discovered great leaders are those who find balance in the midst of chaos and lead from their most resourceful selves, unleashing the potential of others. Her presentation will explore the new “right stuff” of leadership, guiding you on a path to self-awareness and your power to choose. Leave with practical takeaways and a road map for positive impact in the following areas:
- Meaning: Finding and using strengths on a path to living into your leadership vision.
- Framing: Learning to manage feelings and actions in difficult situations to lead in your most resourceful state.
- Trust: Forming meaningful community through trust-based relationships in service of one’s vision.
- Engaging: Stepping up to challenges and opportunities, taking risks and actions.
- Energizing: Managing your energy through recovery and renewal practices.
Melissa BradleyFounder, Ureeka; Managing Partner, 1863 Ventures
Melissa L. Bradley is a co-founder of Ureeka, a community that connects black, brown and female entrepreneurs to the human, financial and technological capital they need to grow and scale their businesses. She is also the founder and Managing Partner at 1863 Ventures with more than 20 years of entrepreneurship, investment and leadership experience. She is an Adjunct Professor at the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University where she teaches impact investing, social entrepreneurship, P2P economies and innovation. Melissa has served as a Presidential Appointee under Presidents Clinton and Obama. Under Clinton, Melissa served as Financial Regulatory Affairs Fellow at the Department of Treasury, Office of Thrift Supervision, where she researched the impact of welfare reform and micro-enterprise lending on the financial industry and authored “IDA Strategy for Asset Accumulation”.
Virtual Conference Agenda
- Focus on Profitability and Purpose
- How Female Leaders Are Shaping the Future With Influence and Impact
- Forging Paths and Eliminating Obstacles: Attract and Retain Women in Leadership
- Nine Steps Toward an Unlimited Life With Robust Health
- Retention Strategies in Today’s Tight Labor Market
- Leading High-Performing Teams: Maximize Your Team's Productivity Without Getting in the Way
*agenda subject to change
8:40 - 9:40 a.m.
Focus on Profitability and Purpose
Presenter: Carey Shuffman, Head of Women’s Client Segment, Bianca Benedetti-Fang, Manager, Business Owners Client Segment and Heather George, Senior Strategist, Family Advisory and Philanthropy Services at UBSNew UBS research reports women have emerged from the turbulence of the last two years with renewed resolve to use their money, time and purchasing power to lift up causes they champion. Women’s growing financial clout coupled with recharged commitment to leading a meaningful life are the twin engines behind women having a greater impact with their wealth. In this session, we’ll discuss this ground-breaking new research and address how, as businesses owners and CEOs, you can own your worth professionally and personally. Leave with advice and wealth strategies to help shape a fulfilled, purposeful future.
Topic: Financial Management
8:40 - 9:40 a.m.
Forging Paths and Eliminating Obstacles: Attract and Retain Women in Leadership
Presenter: Andrea Boccard, Head of Marketing, AccountingDepartment.com
During the pandemic, it was predicted that the setbacks to women in the workforce, and especially in leadership positions, would create a ripple effect that could set back a generation’s worth of professional advancements. Meanwhile throughout the pandemic, AccountingDepartment.com’s leadership was defined by its female majority — in senior management alone, women make up 85% of the ADC team. In this breakout session you will:
- Learn how to structure a company that attracts and retains women in leadership
- Understand key motivators for professional women
- Create a company culture that attracts talent now
Topic: Talent Management: Retention and Engagement
8:40 - 9:40 a.m.
How Female Leaders Are Shaping the Future With Influence and Impact
Presenter: Amy Ancira, Managing Director, HireBetter and Vistage Speaker
Our future world and workplace is shaped by female leaders who are driven, collaborative, expansive thinkers — also known as Dynamic Disruptors. Learn how these dynamic leaders are using their influence and impact for good, how they attract the best talent to grow and scale and how you can, too. In this breakout session you’ll discover:
- What Dynamic Disruptors are, and why they matter
- How to tap into your strengths for a leadership advantage
- How to use your influence to make an impact and attract better talent
Topic: Personal Development: Leadership Competencies
10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Nine Steps Toward an Unlimited Life With Robust Health
Presenter: John Asher, CEO, Asher Longevity Institute
Strong, healthy teams foster increased happiness, greater productivity, fewer days lost to sickness and chronic disease, and robust company growth. In this breakout session, John Asher, long-term Vistage speaker and former member will explore:
- The four principle causes of aging and death at the cellular level and how to immediately arrest their progression.
- The latest innovative and integrated protocols for sleeping, eating, exercise, a healthy gut microbiome, biometric testing, supplements, fasting and regenerative medicine approaches.
- The benefits of previously approved prescription drugs by the FDA with tremendous off-label benefits for longevity.
Walk away with a personal roadmap for re-imagining health and wellness for yourself and your family, and energizing those you lead to do the same. Learn how to help your team members live an unlimited life with robust health and longer, healthier lives!
Topic: Health and Wellness
10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Retention Strategies in Today's Tight Labor Market
Presenter: Holly Carroccio, Certified Financial Planner, Nexus AdvisorsAs women run their companies today they are faced with increased challenges to find and retain key talent. In this informative breakout session lead by Certified Financial Planner, Holly Carroccio, you will be provided with powerful ideas for C-Suite women leaders to develop stronger bonds and financial rewards for their most important employees.
You will also gain the knowledge to:
- Understand the costs of employee turnover
- Learn common reasons employees leave
- Gain ideas and effective strategies to solidify your team retention rates
Topic: Talent Management: Retention & Engagement
10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Leading High-Performing Teams: Maximize Your Team's Productivity Without Getting in the Way
Presenter: Jahaan Blake, CEO and Founder, The J. Blake GroupYou've hired intelligent, accomplished, talented employees to create a dream team! However, you find yourself frustrated that they are not performing at a high level.
Research shows that high-performing teams have specific needs to sustain execution at a high level.
In this session with CEO and Founder, Jahaan Blake, we will discuss:
- The needs of high-performing team members
- Why it's critical to meet those needs to drive business results
- What systems you should have in place to create and sustain a high-performing team
Topic: Talent Management: Performance Management / HR