The CEO’s Journey: People and Culture
Friday, March 25, 2022 7:30 a.m. - 1:55 p.m. PDT
The workforce revolution is on.
The latest WSJ/Vistage Small Business CEO survey found talent remains the biggest inhibitor to growth. As the talent wars continue to escalate, how can you tackle imperatives for recruiting, hiring, retention and employee development — all while championing a values-driven culture of connectivity for a hybridized workforce?
What does it really mean to be a world-class leader in 2022?
Join your Vistage CEO peers for this event designed to answer those questions. Gain the insights, inspiration and tools you need, to be the leader your people need.
Register now for keynotes from best-selling authors Liz Wiseman and Erica Dhawan; breakout sessions on critical topics like hiring, recruiting, and mental health; and networking with Vistage CEOs across the U.S.
Don’t just identify the problem — find a solution. – Liz Wiseman
Liz WisemanAuthor and CEO, The Wiseman Group
Multipliers: How the best leaders make everyone smarter
“When leaders define clear ownership and invest in others, they have sown the seeds of success and earned the right to hold people accountable,” Liz Wiseman shares in her NY Times bestseller, “Multipliers, How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter.”
How can you inspire employees to surpass expectations? Based on years of research, Liz has identified two dramatically different types of leaders, Multipliers and Diminishers, and the five disciplines that mark the difference. In this presentation she’ll share real-world case studies, practical tips and techniques to bring these disciplines to life.
Multipliers and the impact players they empower can have a resoundingly positive, profitable effect on organizations — boosting productivity, developing and attracting talent, and driving innovation.
Erica DhawanAuthor and CEO, Cotential
Get big things done: The power of connectional intelligence
We typically associate success with speed and smarts, but the true game-changer is a thoroughly modern skill called connectional intelligence (CxQ). CxQ is turning people into superconnectors who accelerate innovation, break down silos and foster breakthrough impact.
This dynamic presentation from collaboration expert Erica Dhawan will help you understand the practice of using CxQ as the key to purposeful collaboration, resilience and business success. Shift from more meetings and emails, to productive engagement. Learn new insights and tools to accelerate the connected power of teams, become more agile and innovative, and drive ground-breaking ideas and outcomes.
• Discover new ways to lead, inspire and communicate with diverse teams, even through uncertainty.
• Learn how to keep cross-team collaborations aligned, build trust and foster motivation.
• Gain specific actions to inspire teamwork, innovation, resilience, revitalization and results-driven progress.
• Access behaviors to understand and build trust and connection, no matter the distance.
Virtual Conference Agenda
- Crafting the right team with heart-based hiring
- From strategic goals to hiring: What it means to create a culture that delivers
- Nine steps toward an unlimited life
- Employee mental health status: Recognition, assessment, support constructs
- The Gift of Culture: Transform your people & profits with 9 deeds in 90 days
- The Human Team: So, you created a team but people showed up!
*agenda subject to change
8:05 - 9:05 a.m.
Track 1 | Crafting the right team with heart-based hiring
Presenter: Amy Ancira, Managing Director, HireBetterPeople are not algorithms. How can you bridge the gap between technology and the human touch to strengthen your recruiting process? Start implementing heart-based hiring (and firing) practices based on meaningful core values. In this session, you’ll learn how to build the right culture and team to achieve your business goals, and you’ll learn three heart-based hiring decisions CEOs can make now to get started. The future of business is human to human — and it starts at the top. Key takeaways:
- How to develop meaningful core values and why.
- How to hire, fire and train by culture and values.
- 3 things CEOs can do now to get started.
8:05 - 9:05 a.m.
Track 1 | From strategic goals to hiring: What it means to create a culture that delivers
Presenter: Barry Shulman, Principal, Shulman Associates and Predictive Index Certified Premier Partner and Predictive Index Master TrainerWe’ll walk you through how to create a culture that matters to everyone, and delivers - from top to bottom. Today everyone talks about culture as a way to seduce new hires. But culture is not a cliché “key phrase” or about listing your company's values on your website, collateral and onboarding slides. It is the link that brings together your business and financial strategy, your leadership, and every employee in the organization, and keeps everybody rowing in the same direction at the same cadence. We’ll introduce you to a simple construct you’ll be able to understand and use called the “Bow-Tie Principle”, a fresh approach to creating a strong culture that unites people around simple goals and helps everyone get the job done which means meeting your strategic business and revenue goals.
8:05 - 9:05 a.m.
Track 1 | Nine steps toward an unlimited life
Presenter: John Asher, CEO, Asher Longevity InstituteStrong, healthy teams foster more growth and happiness in your company. How can you and your team members live MUCH longer, higher quality lives, free of disease? In this breakout session, John Asher will explore:
- The four principle causes of aging at the cellular level and how to stop them.
- Antiaging protocols for sleeping, eating, exercise, a healthy gut microbiome, supplements and fasting.
- The benefits of previously FDA-approved drugs with an off-label benefit for longevity.
- Stronger and in better shape than when he played football in college, John practices what he preaches. Attendees will walk away with a clear roadmap.
10:40 - 11:40 a.m.
Track 2 | Employee mental health status: Recognition, assessment, support constructs
Presenter: Jason Brown, Chief Marketing Officer and Jeanette Robert, Executive Director of Expansion, Marketplace Care PartnersHow can you recognize the state of mental health in your workforce? This interactive session will explore best practices for leaders, including:
- How to create healthy awareness of the need to be proactive with mental well-being.
- Building from that awareness, how to listen to understand, and facilitate a workplace atmosphere for employees to be heard, not feel alone, and to learn.
- Looking forward, support and coping strategies to ensure regular care for employees’ mental health.
10:40 - 11:40 a.m.
Track 2 | The Gift of Culture: Transform your people & profits with 9 deeds in 90 days
Presenter: Bill Green, Founding Actuator, The Culture Fix AcademyCulture has never been more important in business. From the Great Resignation to the malaise of employee disengagement, hiring and retaining the right people, and leading with a conscious, culture-first mindset, is crucial in 2022 and beyond. Deepen the loyalty, fulfillment and performance of your team and company with three easy fixes for the hardest thing in business. Lead your team to love where they work — and who they work with — and to appreciate the purpose of their work. Investing in culture yields the highest of all returns for the lowest investment, and creates happier teams.
10:40 - 11:40 a.m.
Track 2 | The Human Team: So, you created a team but people showed up!
Presenter: Jeanet Wade, Certified EOS Implementer, Business AlchemistPeople naturally thrive when they feel connected to a team. In this breakout session with Jeanet Wade, Certified EOS Implementer and lead Business Alchemist, you’ll learn:
- How to create an effective team of people.
- How to move human energy toward higher performance, goal achievement and engagement.
- How to nurture stronger outcomes in your organization using The Six Facets of Human Needs™.