Thursday, October 6, 2022 7:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. EDT
Innovation. Courage. Decisions.
You show up for your peers and your business with full dedication — at any hour. It’s what makes the Vistage community of business leaders so special.
Now more than ever, it is imperative to innovate at the speed of life. As things continue to change in the blink of an eye, make sure you’re equipped to continue your climb. In the company of your Vistage peers (back in person!), access the insights you need to power your ascent in 2022 and beyond.
Save the date for the Vistage Executive Summit for:
- Critical keynotes. Your local economy. Your hot-button issues. Your leadership, to the next level.
- Targeted learning sessions. Deep dives into topics keeping members up at night.
- Peer-to-peer connections. Get to know your greater Vistage community and share your unique perspective — face to face!
Have the Summit in your pocket
All event materials will be available when you need them, from your mobile device in the Digital Event Folder. By logging into My Vistage day-of the event, access:
– presentation downloads
– and more!
Look for the link to the Digital Event Folder in your inbox leading up to the event.
Download the My Vistage mobile app for quicker access day-of the Summit.
[su_column center=”yes”] [/su_column]
Available for Vistage members only.
Lauren Saidel-Baker, CFAEconomist, ITR Economics
The Climb Ahead
Inform your decision-making in a changing economic landscape with this data-packed presentation from ITR Economics. Tailored to your local market, ITR’s analysis will:
- Assess business demand for 2022, 2023 and into 2024.
- Evaluate the labor market and present expectations for availability and labor costs.
- Present a clear picture of inflation and interest rates.
- Discuss lingering supply chain issues and ongoing pricing concerns.
- Look at key leading indicators and what they foretell for your market.
- Present relevant market outlooks and discuss issues that impact your profitability.
- And more!
Anne PetrikVice President of Research, Vistage Worldwide, Inc.
Decision Factors 2023: Unleashing Workforce Productivity
CEOs are facing a dynamic set of rapidly evolving factors that will influence their decisions as the post pandemic reality comes into focus. Once an emerging trend, remote work and the demands of an empowered workforce are challenging CEOs to attract and retain high performers. Throughout the day, as emcee, Anne will weave perspectives on how to adapt the workplace to unleash workforce productivity with the latest data and insights from Vistage Research.
Michael Brody-Waite, 22CEO, Leader Confidential
Drawing on his own journey of recovery from addiction, Michael helps leaders identify their “Leadership Addiction” and apply the system created 80 years ago to transform the lives of addicts in order to transform their leadership. Participants walk away with the tools to:
- Reclaim Time: Save 500 hours per year (seriously)
- Realign Priorities: Say no to the things that limit high performance
- Reconnect Relationships: Build stronger bonds and trust with rigorous authenticity
- Revive Communication: Stop avoiding difficult conversations
- Reach Potential: Grow talent by asking for what you need
- Refresh Leadership: Increase energy and engagement with a unique approach
- From Strategy to Execution: A Framework for Reaching Objectives
- How Well Would Your Team Compete In A Business Olympics?
- Is Your Company Investment Grade? 12 Key Factors to Attract an Outsized Valuation
- Winning the War for Talent
- How to Grow Enterprise Value to Outpace Inflation
- CEO's Candid Guide to Right People, Right Job, Right Fit To Scale the Business
- The Clarity of Hindsight: Tales of Building a Business of Real, Transferrable Value
Celebrate your community's Vistage Member Excellence Award winners and finalists and connect with fellow peers.
*agenda subject to change
7:45 - 8:45 am
Breakfast Session | From Strategy to Execution: A Framework for Reaching Objectives
Presenter: Alex Bartholomaus, President, People Stretch Solutions
It’s a real challenge for CEOs to translate their strategy into results by ensuring people know priorities, contribute to progress, and spend time on the most important things. If you’re not confident that you’ll meet your objectives, this program is your first step toward success. You’ll get insights into how leading companies including Google and Intuit use strategy implementation frameworks like Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to exceed their objectives again and again.
OKRs provide everyone with a complete view of the strategy, while encouraging communication around shared objectives. This program helps CEOs close the gap between strategy and execution.
Topic: Leadership: Strategic Planning
7:45 - 8:45 am
Breakfast Session | How Well Would Your Team Compete in a Business Olympics?
Presenter: Cyndi Gave, President, The Metiss Group
Most leaders will respond favorably when asked how strong their team is, but when taken through a process to evaluate each member of the team one at a time, it becomes apparent each has opportunities to improve.
In this fast-paced, interactive session, participants will have an opportunity to reflect on the strengths and weaknesses of each team member, plot them on a 4-quadrant model, and based on the quadrant in which they are plotted, learn the leadership techniques needed to accelerate performance of each individual.
Topic: Talent Management: Performance Management/HR
7:45 - 8:45 am
Breakfast Session | Is Your Company Investment Grade? 12 Key Factors to Attract an Outsized Valuation
Presenter: Zane Tarence, Managing Director and Partner, Founders Advisors, Vistage SpeakerGiven today’s dynamic M&A climate, business owners need a candid market perspective on what drives enterprise value.
Join us to learn:
- What it takes to attract an outsized valuation from institutional grade buyers
- A 20 minute market based approach to assess your company’s “investability”
- Top 5 deal breakers and seller missteps
- How to better align operational focus with value creation
Topic: Financials: Mergers & Acquisitions
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Lunch session | Winning the War for Talent
Presenter: Mike Matalone, Founder and CEO, XP3 TalentOver 47 million people quit their jobs in 2021. Employees are rethinking their priorities and their relationship with employers. Workers now have more choices in where they work, who they work for, and they have the power that comes from sitting in that position. You will learn how to navigate this new environment and how a focus on Employee Engagement is your key to success. You will learn how to:
- Assess and Create Engagement - Enhance your ability to hire the right people for the role and your culture
- Effectively utilize personality assessments to achieve maximum ROI
- Dramatically increase employee productivity and retention Participants will complete a Free Engagement Assessment to help you determine how YOU are impacting engagement with our staff.
Topic: Talent Management: Retention & Engagement
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Lunch session | How to Grow Enterprise Value to Outpace Inflation
Presenter: Dave Heymann, Senior Mergers & Acquisitions Advisor, Generational Group and Vistage Speaker
Businesses and their value tend to grow to the limit of the available resources. Working harder (or smarter) will NOT grow the business beyond that ceiling. Inflation makes this even worse by reducing resources.
This session discusses growing without increasing resources, how to get more resources for growth, and how business value is REALLY determined. If we want to release some or all of that value, how do we do it?
Finally, if I want to transfer the business and its value to the next generation, how do I protect my family, my financial future, and the business?
Topic: Merger & Acquisition Advisory
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Lunch session | CEO's Candid Guide to Right People, Right Job, Right Fit To Scale the Business
Presenter: Eileen Stephens, Executive Advisor, Culture Index, Vistage Member
Join the Culture Index team to reveal the true fit of your executive team and leaders- who is in the right seat and who is not? Do you have the right team in place to scale your business? Not getting the top and bottom line growth by not hiring and obtaining the right team?
In this session, you will be prepped to utilize data to make more objective human decisions in securing the right talent in order to drive sustainable growth. Walk away with new insights, tips, and practices to implement into your business and better align your people.
Topic: Leadership: Communication & Alignment
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Lunch Session | The Clarity of Hindsight: Tales of Building a Business of Real, Transferrable Value
Presenter: David Tramontana, President (Integrator), FocusCFO
We all know the adage, “If I knew then what I know now…” Well, here’s your chance to learn from an entrepreneur reflecting back on what he’s now learned, and wishes he knew then.
David and team built a $50 million business over 20 years and had a successful exit to a public company. Even so, he muses about “what we could have done, if only...”
We all want to build a business of value. For ourselves and those close, and for future investors or buyers. While advice abounds on “what” to do, we often underestimate and get stuck on the “how”.
Join David as he shares practical insights you can put into action right away. Organizing his battle-scarred lessons learned into a 4-level Climb to Building Real, Sustainable and Transferrable Business Value.
You will come away with:
- What are the four levels of a value building process?
- How these 4 levels work together – if done right – to build healthy, scalable growth that ultimately maximizes value.
- Share a chuckle or two from David’s lessons learned the hard way, particularly those that may hit close to home.
Topic: Financials: Financial Management
601 S College St,