Tuesday, April 26, 2022 7:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. CDT
Innovation. Courage. Decisions.
You show up for your peers and your business with full dedication — at any hour. It’s what makes the Vistage community of business leaders so special.
Now more than ever, it is imperative to innovate at the speed of life. As things continue to change in the blink of an eye, make sure you’re equipped to continue your climb. In the company of your Vistage peers (back in person!), access the insights you need to power your ascent in 2022 and beyond.
Join us at the Vistage Executive Summit for:
- Critical keynotes. Your local economy. Your hot-button issues. Your leadership, to the next level.
- Targeted learning sessions. Deep dives into topics keeping members up at night.
- Peer-to-peer connections. Get to know your greater Vistage community and share your unique perspective — face to face!
Vistage is partnering with the venue to ensure that safety measures are followed which align with the CDC and local public health protocols.
For more details from the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center at UT, please visit https://meetattexas.com/travel-with-confidence.
Joel TrammellCo-founder, American CEO
The five big questions
The job of chief executive is unlike any other leadership position — and it doesn’t come with a guidebook. On a mission to teach CEOs how to deliver predictable performance resulting in higher confidence, increased valuation, and enhanced work-life balance, Joel Trammell has deep understanding of the unique challenges facing Texas business leaders. Drawing from conversations with hundreds of CEOs, this presentation will explore the answers to Joel’s five most commonly asked questions:
- How do I hold my people accountable?
- How should I communicate to my team?
- How do I build a great culture?
- How do I find great people?
- How do I make good decisions?
Connor LokarSenior Forecaster, ITR Economics
A Changing Landscape
The economic landscape will be changing in 2023, especially later in the year. Aggressive action by the Federal Reserve Board has also changed our outlook for 2024. We will discuss which segments will be impacted and others that will be more immune to interest rate and other pressures. We will also discuss how attendees can best prepare for the challenges and ongoing uncertainties, and we will offer business strategies and tactics that will allow for maximum profit potential given the economic landscape. We will also:
- Analyze the Federal Reserve Board’s actions and impact on the economy.
- Talk through key areas of disinflation and deflation.
- Discuss varying opportunities in key markets.
- Cover global trends and their impact on member businesses and on the US economy.
- Analyze labor market conditions over the next several years.
- Present an overview of the economic landscape through the rest of the decade.
- And more!
Anne Petrik2022Vice President of Research, Vistage Worldwide, Inc.
Decision Factors 2023: Unleashing Workforce Productivity
CEOs are facing a dynamic set of rapidly evolving factors that will influence their decisions as the post pandemic reality comes into focus. Once an emerging trend, remote work and the demands of an empowered workforce are challenging CEOs to attract and retain high performers. In this session, you'll gain perspectives on how adapt the workplace to unleash workforce productivity with the latest data and insights from Vistage Research.
Celebrate your community's Vistage Member Excellence Award winners and finalists and connect with fellow peers.
*agenda subject to change
7:45 - 8:45 am
Breakfast Session | From Strategy to Execution: A Framework for Reaching Objectives
Presenter: Alex Bartholomaus, President, People Stretch SolutionsIt’s a real challenge for CEOs to translate their strategy into results by ensuring people know priorities, contribute to progress, and spend time on the most important things. If you’re not confident that you’ll meet your objectives, this program is your first step toward success. You’ll get insights into how leading companies including Google and Intuit use strategy implementation frameworks like Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to exceed their objectives again and again.
OKRs provide everyone with a complete view of the strategy, while encouraging communication around shared objectives. This program helps CEOs close the gap between strategy and execution.
Topic: Strategic Planning
7:45 - 8:45 am
Breakfast Session | Discover the Hidden Gold in Your Business
Presenter: Alex Jones, CEO, Guardian Family of CompaniesEvery day you walk past hidden nuggets of gold in your business. Join us to learn strategies successful business owners use to identify and harness this gold. Key Take-Aways:
- Identify ways to increase positive cash flow to your business(s)
- Explore proven strategies to significantly reduce taxes and debt service costs
- Learn to spot and reduce the risks that trap you into dependency on your business(s)
Topic:Business Owner Planning
7:45 - 8:45 am
Breakfast Session | Banking Through an Inflationary Period
Presenter: Julio J. Jauregui, SVP - Market Executive and Matt Ramsey, CFA, Amarillo National BankWe’ve all seen the headlines – we haven’t had inflation numbers like this in 40 years. For many business leaders, this will be the first time navigating these waters. This presentation will help you make those strategic financial decisions for success through this cycle, including such insights as:
- Projections of where interest rates are heading
- The cost of and access to capital
- Pros and cons of operational investments
- Pros and cons of paying down debt
7:45 - 8:45 am
Breakfast Session | Vistage Talent Strategies Network Discussion: The Purpose of Place and the Power of PeopleThe topic of talent strategies is just as crucial as financial, marketing, or operational strategies in driving future success. The ability to recruit, develop and retain the right people – all the while keeping a culture in tact is key for leaders. All attendees welcome. Join the Talent Strategies Network.
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Lunch Session | People Are Not Algorithms
Presenter: Amy Ancira, Managing Director, HireBetter and Vistage SpeakerTechnology is dehumanizing talent. The future of business is human-to-human. Build an impactful business and unlock growth with a people-first approach to entrepreneurship, leadership, and talent.
- How to get people to follow you
- How to attract better talent with heart-based hiring and leadership
- How to grow and scale with growth matching
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Lunch Session | Strategies for Maximizing Your Business Value
Presenter: Alexander C. Ladage, Managing Director and Josh C. Pottinger, Senior Vice President, UBSWhen leading a business, an owner can be susceptible to focusing solely on the task at hand and take their eye away from achieving long-term sustainability. We’ll bring insights from across a global bank to help owners & CEOs identify three areas to maximize their chances of delivering scalable and profitable growth. You’ll leave this session understanding:
- How to bring together the right team
- The keys to productive financial goal setting including assessing three fundamentals (quality, quantity, and sustainability) of your capital base
- The economic trends and legislation that may affect your company’s bottom line and personal financial plan
Topic: Business Strategic Planning
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Lunch Session | The Business Owner's Dilemma
Presenter: Ali Nasser, CEO, AltruVistaHave you considered how you'll harness the power of your life's work? This discussion will bring to the forefront the dilemmas business owners face at the intersection of business and personal wealth. This conversation focuses on the Exit Dilemma – when to grow and when to go.
- Learn the three critical dilemmas all successful business owners face.
- Discover the biggest mistakes business owners make when planning their exit or growth strategy.
- Assess your current personal and business readiness for an exit.
- Find out why entrepreneurs rarely retire.
- Identify your path forward.
Topic: Exit Planning for Business Owners
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Lunch Session | Clarity + Control = Breakthrough
Presenter: Jonathan King and Erik Larson, Executive Coaches, System and SoulEvery year your business loses:
- Revenue: 20-30% due to inefficiencies
- Profit: 10-20% because of harmful complexity
- Team: 15-45% to companies with a more engaging culture
But you already know that, because you hire consultants, read business books and trade journals, watch webinars, attend seminars. And yet, nada.
There is a better way. In this workshop, join us to learn how you can have:
- Clarity and control over every aspect of your business
- Clearer direction, aligned actions, and more effective conversations
- A culture where people love to be there and bring their absolute best
Topic: Leadership: Strategic Planning
1900 University Ave