Twenty-Seven Compelling Questions
Want to find out what your prospects are really thinking? Then act like Lieutenant Columbo and ask lots of questions! Vistage speaker and marketing expert Thomas Wood-Young offers 27 questions you can ask that work in a variety of situations.
- How many employees do you have?
- How long have you been in business?
- What is your budget and time frame?
- Other than yourself, who are the key decision makers?
- What do they do?
- What are you looking to do?
- What are your thoughts about our product and/or service?
- What are your greatest challenges and goals?
- What is your vision for your business?
- Where do you want to see your business in the future?
- What is your level of commitment?
- Where are your problem areas?
- What would you like to fix?
- What is your current problem?
- What kinds of obstacles are you facing in this area?
- Why is solving that problem important?
- What would it mean for you?
- What are the implications of fixing that problem?
- How do you see this moving forward?
- How can I help you reach your goals?
- Why is this important?
- How would that help?
- Where do you see returns?
- How can my product or service help them/you become more effective?
- Would it be useful if …?
- Is there any other way this could help you?
- What kinds of benefits would you like to see?
“These are just a few great questions that will help you uncover your prospects’ needs and allow you to better serve them,” concludes Wood-Young.
Thomas Wood-Young is president of Wood-Young Consulting, a Colorado Springs, Colorado-based marketing and sales training firm.