Central East Coast or nearby major markets (Boston, DC, Philadelphia, etc.)
With more than 21,000 members, Vistage International is the world’s foremost chief executive leadership organization, providing unparalleled access to new ideas and fresh thinking through monthly peer workshops, one-on-one business coaching, speaker presentations from hundreds of top industry experts, social networking and an extensive online content library of articles, best practices, podcasts and webinars.
We invite you to visit our website at www.Vistage.com and learn more about the way in which we help our CEOs become better leaders, make better decisions, and achieve better results.
The Market Development Director (MDD) is a new member acquisition specialist partnering with Vistage’s independent contractor channel (Chairs) to assist in identifying, meeting with, selling to and closing new member candidates to support the start/launch of the Chairs new CEO/Executive peer advisory groups.
This individual is a sophisticated, consultative sales professional who will role model and share best practices, tools, technology and other resources with our Chairs to attract and retain the very best members, contributing to and enhancing the overall Vistage community experience.
The MDD will facilitate Vistage sponsored events/meetings alongside their Chairs for the purpose of providing prospects with a genuine Vistage group experience and may will remain in the market with the Chair for up to 5 days to assist with the selection and signing/enrollment of new members.
They are responsible for meeting associated sales goals to ensure annual growth and revenue targets are achieved, the role involves partnering with multiple levels within the Vistage organization, field personal and Chairs to develop strategies to successfully grow the business. This position reports to the VP of New Group Development.
This is a salary plus commission position with commission paid for the start/launch of new Vistage peer groups.
- Develop and implement coaching strategies to inspire and support Independent Contractors in building a professional services practice.
- Implement event strategy and supporting content for high-touch, high-value executive meetings.
- Support Chairs via coaching, problem-solving, education and other forms of personal accountability and development.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and departments to coordinate member acquisition efforts and ensure Chair launch success.
- Leverage CRM (Salesforce.com) to manage prospects, sales funnel and event reporting.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined new group launch goals.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 8+ years conceptual or consultative selling to the C-suite
- Sophisticated business acumen and emotional intelligence
- Excellent presentation skills to a C-level audience
- Ability to create trust and build long-lasting, productive business relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Strong work ethic with evidence of a meeting or exceeding stated goals. Not only meets standards but creates their own standards of high performance.
- Proven creative problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of CRM systems; Experience with SalesForce.com a plus
- Previous sales coaching/development background preferred
- Preferred experience with independent contractor, subscription and franchise business models or independent contractors or outside distributors.
- Strong PC skills required, including proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Resides or is willing to reside near a major airport.
60% travel throughout the year, for up to 5 days per trip.
Flexible; team member; organized; independent; strategic and analytical; detail-oriented; effective communicator; creative and lively intellect; appropriate sense of urgency; ability to learn new skills quickly
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.