Online videos are a quick and powerful way to capture your customers’ attention. Are you using videos on your Website, in social media or elsewhere online?
Here are some compelling reasons to use videos in your marketing efforts:
- Recent studies show that prospects are 3-4 times more likely to respond to video over text online.
- Prospects tend to make purchases after watching a video about a product or service.
- Videos help your Web pages show up on the first page of Google searches.
- Videos are free to host and distribute online through sites like YouTube, MetaCafe, Vimeo, Viddler and Fliggo.
While videos create sales and differentiate you from your competitors, they also create curiosity and draw people in. We, the authors, created the video below to give you more explanation on the power of videos. Are you tempted to watch this video?
Four Elements to Include in a Business Video
If it’s time for you to make a business video, here are four elements you should consider including:
- Testimonials: Customer testimonials are compelling. They build credibility and provide “social proof” for your product. Viewers trust third-party impressions of your business more than anything you say about your own product. If you have clients who love your product, let them rave about you.
- How it’s made: Showing your service in action or how your product is made gives the viewer a personal connection to your company. Use strong, memorable images that will stay in the minds of your customers. For example: If you make bubble gum, show what 3 million pieces of bubble gum look like. How many stories high would the bubble gum mountain rise above your town? If you provide consulting, or a service, show a professional presence and confident command of the subject matter. Videos add a dimension of context and personality when showing the faces of your workers which helps customers to remember you.
- Solutions: Give the viewer a taste of how they will feel and benefit from what you offer. People buy things because they hope it will make their life better. Show how your product makes their life better. Show people deciding, using, smiling, living with what you provide. Include real customers as well as using your employees as actors. Everyone wants to be a rock star. By using your employees in the video you’ll save money, boost morale, reduce turnover, instill pride and even improve quality, and create “company celebrities.” Additionally, if your customers tend to be curious about a particular topic or have numerous questions around a particular subject, consider developing a video that explains this topic.
- Call to action: Always include a call to action in your video. Your call to action will depend on the outcome you are trying to drive. Whether your video seeks to get people to your company site, sell your product, or brand your service, be sure to tell viewers what they should do next.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR VIDEO
Once you determine what you want your video to accomplish, contact an online marketing company, ad agency or video production company and put the project in the hands of professionals. Try to keep your video short—90 to 180 seconds is an ideal length for most business videos.
WHERE TO POST YOUR VIDEO?
For most businesses, the simplest and most effective way to put your video online is to post it on a video-hosting site such as YouTube, then use the “embed code” YouTube offers and place the video on your site with that code. To get the most out of your video you’ll want to optimize the key words in the filename, title and description of the video so both the video and your Web page show up high in search engine rankings.
You will also want to position videos about products alongside more information about the product and links to buy it. You may need to work with an online marketing specialist to get the most out of your video after you’ve made it.
WHEN TO BEGIN?
Given that the cost to produce a short video is typically less than the print costs for brochures, now is a good time to redirect marketing and printing dollars to drive sales with a video.