The Financial Analyst provides consultative expertise in the areas of financial and other types of analyses, process improvement, business case development, and reporting. The Financial Analyst will maintain a close working relationship with multiple strategic and operational teams in the organization to better understand their financial and analytical challenges, provide ad-hoc analytical support, and to help craft sustainable, quality financial reporting and modeling across the organization. The Financial Analyst is also responsible for maintaining and updating the Budget and Forecast files and supporting the Budgeting and Forecasting processes.
With more than 21,000 members, Vistage International is the world’s foremost chief executive leadership-development organization, providing unparalleled access to issue-resolution and better performance through monthly peer-advisory groups, one-on-one business coaching, expert-speaker presentations, and extensive online connectivity via articles, best practices, podcasts and webinars.
Today, Vistage International and its affiliates operate in 15 countries. Members meet in small, professionally-facilitated and process-driven groups every month to help one another make better decisions, achieve better results, and become better leaders. Vistage-member companies generate more than $300 billion in annual revenues and employ approximately over two million employees around the world.
We invite you to visit our website at www.Vistage.com and learn more about our rich history, our unique programs, our bright future, and our values of Trust, Caring, Challenge and Growth.
Modeling and Planning
- Maintain and improve existing financial models used to drive executive decision-making and create new models under the direction of the finance leadership.
- Support the annual budgeting and planning process, the long-range strategic planning process, as well as the monthly Forecast.
- Proactively identify methodology and process improvements to drive efficiency and improve accuracy of financial reports, initiatives, and the planning process both internal and external to the department.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to validate the accuracy and reasonableness of planning assumptions.
- Analysis of Monthly Financial Results
- Work with members of FP&A, Accounting and Operations to understand material variances and historical trends. Prepare written consolidated variance analysis summary. Review with senior management.
- Partner with select VPs and assist departments to review monthly variances, update monthly forecasts, and drive operating expense efficiencies. Analyze actual results versus budgeted/forecasted results, and work with business partners to understand the root causes of the variances and recommend actions for improvement.
- Provide reporting and analysis of P&L;
- Prepare, analyze, and interpret monthly financial results and forecasts for the company’s financial operations and external reporting.
- Work on various ad-hoc, complex analytical projects utilizing multiple skillsets including forecasting, modeling, process improvement, and business case development
- Present analytical findings and recommendations to various levels within the organization
- Assist in developing further analytics focused on the Business (as opposed to pure Financials)
- Deliver tactical and financial analysis support for new strategies, projects and/or new business initiatives
- Special projects and initiatives support – new initiatives always come up, as strengths emerge you will have the chance to contribute beyond traditional FP&A
- Provide proactive analytics and reporting to improve forecasting and align results
- Oversee and Improve the collection of monthly performance data, ensure the validity of the data, and track material changes
- Produce and maintain weekly and monthly scorecards and provide insights into business drivers for different departments.
- Learn the Tableau data visualization tools, including building reports, analyzing data and working with BI to create new data source and increase FP&A usage of BI tool-based reports.
- Perform the Initial preparation and development of Quarterly Business Review
- Develop analytics around key operating metrics, monthly and quarterly management and segment reporting, organic and acquisition revenue growth measurements and geographic reporting.
- Assist with preparation and development of monthly & quarterly reporting packages to the Board and Management including development of Excel-based and PowerPoint-based templates, discussion points or analysis.
- Perform analysis of business processes including finance, reporting, and data analytics
- Develop content and delivery systems for financial reporting and analysis,
- Prepare of monthly financial reports relevant to the planning function.
- Gather data from complex sources, reconcile data variances, and use data to support analyses.
- Willing to take a hands-on approach to data analysis
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration required, (MBA) a plus
- 5+ year minimum combined experience in business analytics (finance and/or accounting)
- Track record of developing and implementing new processes in a cross functional environment.
- Successful cross functional leadership and ability to effectively interact with Sr. leadership.
- Excellent modeling skills using Excel or other tool/s and ability to utilize experience to continuously improve processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of internal clients, from analysts to VPs.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and BI / database skills.
- Attention to detail, highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and take accountability (e.g., knows when to ask for guidance/coaching if priorities are not clear).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task project environment
- Ability to execute projects efficiently and effectively with limited supervision
- Ability to present information logically and consistently.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent Communicator
- Personal Integrity & Character
- Self-disciplined, ability to work independently
- Team Player, Independent yet Supportive
- Creative and Innovative Thinker
- Professional Presence and Manner