Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Member Programs, the Sponsorship Sales Director will have a proven track leading an inside sales team and collaborating closely with other business leaders to maximize the overall success of the Sponsorship program.
An assertive, results-oriented achiever will lead our sponsorship sales team with a professional, polished demeanor, able to communicate and lead in both words and actions while assessing, coaching, measuring and directing a professional sponsorship sales team. Ability to demonstrate a success-filled track record in sales, customer service, management and senior sales executive experience is required. This person will roll up their sleeves and be in the trenches with their sales personnel, leading them to better performances and in doing so, enhancing the overall sponsorship growth of the organization.
- Achieve individual and team sponsorship sales goals.
- Design and implement a scalable and effective sponsorship sales process from lead sourcing through renewals
- Create sales pipelines and forecasts that meet and exceed company goals.
- Work collaboratively with Lead Chairs, Sponsorship Programs and Event teams to maximize sales opportunities
- Develop or enhance tools to monitor and report sales progress in real time.
- Develops sales objectives, strategies and promotions.
- Visit key markets / events to evaluate effectiveness of sponsorship sales programs.
- Provides supervision and leadership to sponsorship sales team members.
- Develops and secures tools and resources for leveraging the Vistage sales process.
- Minimum of 15 years sales, sales management and/or executive sales experience.
- Proven, consistent record in organizing, developing and managing both a sales and service organization to meet their quarterly goals.
- Experience in selling intangibles or services a plus.
- Excellent vision, communication and creative skills for leading and motivating a team.
- Strong communication skills with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated pattern of leadership, achievement and ability to motivate others.
- Sales management and training experience.
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis during the work week.
- Proven ability to build and retain relationships with strategic business partners and cultivating trust with all levels.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills, ability to multi-task, a forward thinker, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity, passion, transparency and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.